Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3

I always knew furnishing a place was pretty expensive, but this is getting ridiculous! Two days of shopping, and we're still not done. To top it off, it was insufferably hot today, reaching up to 96°F with tons of humidity. Then we had thunderstorms and lots of rain, but it was still hot, which was unexpected and weird. In California, it gets coldddd when it rains. I guess the evil weather gods in the sky hate us, wondering why we moved from California to Massachusetts. Even the Macy's workers who set up our bed gave us weird looks when they found out we moved from SoCal.

Since it rains here more, Brian thought people would drive better in the rain. Nope... they are just as bad as Californians, so he was pretty peeved until he saw this car. It cheered him up pretty well. He asked me if I knew was it was, and I said, "a GT3??" He replied, "No... a GT3RS!!" Sheesh... I was close enough! Apparently, not many were sold in the states, and it's pretty rare to see one.

Oh and we saw this yesterday. This storage facility means serious business!! Bahaha...

Speaking of yesterday, we left Mary Vienneau's house in the morning to transport all our stuff to our new apartment. My Accord was shipped here and had so much crap in the trunk already. Although we couldn't see through the rear window (I don't think that's safe, but oh well Brian's driving ^_^), we somehow managed to fit ALL of our stuff into the backseat of my tiny car - 4 50lb gigantic duffel bags, 2 heavy carry-on luggages, Brian's large camera backpack, and 3 huge packages from Macy's containing down pillows and a comforter. That was the easy part. Lugging all that stuff up to the 5th floor of our complex was a PITA! It took so many trips! I felt quite bad though. I'm so tiny and feeble, so Brian had to do most of the work. >.< What would I do without him?! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment