Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cooking Fiasco

Since we've moved here, I've been trying to cook more. Not only to cut cost here and there, but to eat a little healthier. Also, I don't want Brian and I to grow so plump that you guys would hardly recognize us when we come back to visit!!

Anyways... so today, I had time to cook even though I had tons of case studies to read and tons of accounting crap to study. I decided to saute garlicky broccoli and broil BBQ chicken breasts for the first time since we can't bbq here. It went all down hill from here. I sprayed the pan with nonstick stuff, hoping to make it easier for Brian to wash dishes. The stupid stuff was burning and smoking up the apartment like crazy, causing the evil fire alarm to go off not just once, but multiple times!! It was so bad that our eyes were getting super watery.

Finally, the chicken appeared to be done, so I cut into it. OH MY!! It was perfectly cooked and juicy... yay!! I went to plate the food, being all excited to have Brian eat my cooking. Due to our ridiculously small counter top space, my plate of food fell over and broke into a million pieces. The first thing I thought was "Oh nooo... my foodddd!!!" I didn't even realize my left foot was cut until Brian ran over. Brian, being the caring fiance he is <3, grabbed me some sandals, so I wouldn't get hurt even more. He even cleaned up all the mess and washed all the dishes. Then he made some ramen for himself (haha not so healthy), so I could eat the healthier stuff. I was nice enough to share my goodies... bahaha!! In the end, I wish we had gotten takeout. =*(

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! you didn't tell me this yesterday! OMG... I can totally picture this happening too. I think you guys should invest in a slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe that's b/c I wrote it on here. We don't have any additional counter space for more stuff. =*(

    ReplyDelete