Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mid-week update!

Yesterday, I decided I should look less like a bum and get a haircut. So I shaved my man beard I've been growing for a couple of days, made an appointment with the hair stylist located right next to our apartment and prayed to God that he wouldn't totally screw up my hair. As a precaution, I printed out one of my favorite pictures of Mary and me on the day I proposed to her. That way, he could see how I normally get my hair cut.

So I arrive promptly for my appointment (I think it'd be pretty sad if I was late considering it's literally 20 steps away from the apartment) and start by showing him the picture. He said that's fine and we go chatting away about random things. Apparently, we find out that both of us were stuck in Hawaii during the 9/11 incident. He reminded me how some hotels were kicking out guests cuz their reservations were over to make room for the new guests and I told him how a cop kicked me off the beach and told me to go back to my room. Sad times, but crazy how I found some other traveler that was stuck in Hawaii at the same time I was. Anyway, 15 minutes later, he said he was done. I looked in the mirror and deemed it alright. I definitely miss my stylist CC but at least it wasn't a catastrophe.

Later in the day, Mary and I decided to go return some AF clothing I ordered online that didn't fit me. Last week, I found some khakis on the website in the clearance section but they only had 33x30 sizing left and decided to see if they fit. They fit just fine... if I wanted to wear capris. So off we went to AF! I checked around the store to see if they had the same khakis in my sizing, but they were sold out of my model and only had full priced new stuff. At the register, the manager tells me he has to manually enter my returns cuz they weren't even in the system anymore and that means he can't enter it under the clearance price of $19.99 per khakis. He then hands me a gift card that was worth $150! I told him that wasn't what I paid and he said there's nothing he can do because full price is the only way the system is allowing him to accept the returns. I tried to be fair since I didn't want to rip off AF, but if there's nothing I can do then I guess I got PAID yesterday! Is this considered my first paycheck in Boston? Do I have to file taxes and say my employer was Abercrombie and Fitch? Haha, I kid I kid.

So fast forward to today. I got a care package from my good friend, Ken Hong!


Inside is an extended 8 cell battery for my Lenovo X61!


Now I should be able to have 5 hours of run time instead of 2! Thanks Ken!

I swear, I'm one of the luckiest people in the world to have friends as good as I do. Thanks again you guys!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! bastard! I haven't even gotten my extended battery...

    ReplyDelete