Sunday, July 10, 2011

A nice and relaxing weekend

Friday afternoon ended fairly nicely for Mary. Firstly, she got a good grade on her midterm during the week, she thinks she did well on her Economics final, and it was going to be a free weekend for her as far as studies went. Time to celebrate!

Firstly, we did the most exciting thing we could think of. We headed over to Costco. Whoopee!! All joking aside, we really do like going to Costco. The hardest part is to keep the invoice low every time we go there. They always have something cool or yummy to get! At night, we ended watching The Mechanic that I got from my Netflix queue. I think I can safely tell people that you're not missing much if you haven't seen that yawn-inducing action flick yet. Everything was totally predictable and it wasn't very entertaining or even funny. We ended the night watching a couple episodes of Blue Exorcist, a new anime I've been watching. It made Mary cry. ^_^

Saturday morning started with Mary waking me up and asking "Can we watch more anime?" We watched the rest of the episodes available and... she cried again! Afterward, we did a little bit more relaxing before meeting up with our friends, Mary and Jason. They asked us the day before if we wanted to go down to Foxborough for dinner since Jason needed to stop by Bass Pro to exchange his fishing pole. I've never been there so I was very curious as to what the store was like. WOW! This place is cool! They go all out on decorating the place to look very outdoors like. Here are some pics:


A stuffed moose, overlooking the top of a waterfall.

Vast side of the waterfall and the pond with live trout in!

I saw this stuffed black bear and it made me miss Baloo!

Not sure if Mary was contemplating playing at their indoor shooting range.

I forgot to mention, Bass Pro is in a plaza connected to Gillette stadium. Hopefully, the NFL lockout gets settled soon cuz Jason's sister has season tickets to the Patriots. Would love to be able to go to a live game!

Afterward, we brought Mary and Jason to eat at Red Robins for the first time and it was favorable opinion of the place! Then we headed over to the movie theaters to watch "Horrible Bosses" at the Showcase. Let me tell you, AMC's got nothing on these Showcase theaters. You walk in and they have multiple options for food besides the usual hot dog and popcorn served at every other theater. Over there, they had full on restaurants, lounges and bars along with a separate stage for live concerts... inside the theater! Oh, and the seats were very comfy as well. All in all, it was a good movie experience even though we sat in the front row of a fully packed showing. Oh yeah, the movie was very funny as well. ;)

So that brings us to today. Mary decided to read up on her new class books (nerd) while I have a recorded BBC (yay, no commercials!) showing of F1 qualifying at Silverstone playing on TV. Later on, we're meeting up with Mary's classmates for dinner so I guess I have to dress to make a good first impression. All in all, it sounds like it's going to be a good ending to this very nice and relaxing weekend.

3 comments:

  1. we have a bass pro back home too you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've seen it when passing by Fontana, but never went into it before. Now that I have, I regret not visiting the California one! I wonder if they're all decorated the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, they even call it Outdoor World...it's not only a cool store but it's like Disneyland for outdoorsy people.

    ReplyDelete